» Determine Which IRB to Use & Frequently Asked Questions
» Step 1. How to Submit a Protocol for Scientific Administrative Review (SAR)
» Step 2. How to Submit a Protocol for RIRC/IRB Review
Step 2. How to Submit a Protocol for RIRC/IRB Review
- Receive comments, suggestions, and overall recommendation from the Scientific Administrative Review (SAR) team.
- For new protocol submissions to the RIRC, create (4) single-sided copies of all necessary materials (exception: if you are proposing only a Retrospective Review, include (3) single-sided copies).
- No electronic or fax copies are being accepted at this time. Please send hardcopies to:
Chairman, Research & Institutional Review Committee (RIRC)
The Queen's Medical Center
1301 Punchbowl Street, UH Tower 505
Honolulu, Hawaii 96813
- Timeline: RIRC meetings are held the second Wednesday of each month. Proposals must be submitted for review at least 4 weeks prior to the scheduled meeting of the RIRC. Incomplete packets may delay review of research applications, so please check to be sure that all application materials are complete.
- If you have not done so previously, download and read the HIPAA Training Manual. Sign and return the acknowledgement form to the Research Regulatory Office. Please also have your sub-investigators and research staff read and sign the acknowledgement. EVERYONE who will have access to QMC must read the material and sign the acknowledgement. Failure to have a signed acknowledgement may slow future submissions to the RIRC since we must have your acknowledgement on file.
If you have any questions, please contact Rebecca Ohta at 808.691.4512
*Adobe Acrobat Reader is required and freely available to view pdf forms.
Adobe Reader 8 or later is required to save data in completed forms.