The Queen's Medical Center
The Queen's Medical Center, located in downtown Honolulu, Hawaii, is a private, non-profit, acute medical care facility. It is the largest private hospital in Hawaii licensed to operate with 505 acute care beds and 28 sub-acute beds. The medical center has more than 3,000 employees and over 1,200 physicians on staff. Queen's has served Hawaii since 1859 and holds an important place in the history of Hawaii.
Queen's is accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO) and affiliated with the Voluntary Hospitals of America (VHA). The medical center is also approved to participate in residency training by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education.
Office of Research and Development
The department is managed in four main areas:
- Research Business Office (RBO)
- The Queen's Medical Center recognizes the importance of clinical trials providing community access to quality health care. The research business office supports investigators in the development of clinical trial agreements and execution. It provides fiscal and administrative support to the Clinical Trials Office, handles intellectual property and facilitates the negotiation of budgets and contracts with sponsors. Contracts are expedited with the legal department and investigators.
- Research Regulatory Office (RRO)
- The Research Regularoty Office, administrates and supports the Research and Institutional Review Committee (RIRC), the Animal Care Committee (ACC) and oversees research regulatory compliance.
- Clinical Trials Office (CTO)
- The primary role of the Clinical Trials Office (CTO) is to support physicians in conducting clinical trials by providing management, nursing, and administrative services.
- Sponsored Programs Office (SPO)
- The sponsored programs office supports the development and administration of federal grants and research foundation awards to scientists and clinical investigators. Investigators are given support in the following areas: identifying grant opportunities, complying with administrative requirements, budget preparation, consortium arrangements, regulatory compliance assurances, interaction with granting agencies/officers, interfacing with the financial departments, and interim/final report submissions.
Dept. Mailing Address:Office of Research and Development
The Queen's Medical Center
1301 Punchbowl Street, UHT 508
Honolulu, Hawaii 96813
Main Contact Person:Sherry Chan
|Todd Seto, M.D.||Interim Directorfirstname.lastname@example.org||808.691.4843|
|Sherry Chan||Administrative Secretaryemail@example.com||808.691.4843|
|Ale x Gu iII oux, M.S.||Coordinator, Department Information Systems I||agu iII oux@ queens.org||808.691.7927|
|Sheila Dela Cruz||Manager, RBOfirstname.lastname@example.org||808.691.7409|
|Rebecca Ohta, R.N.||Manager, RROemail@example.com||808.691.4512|
|Suzanne Akana||Administrative Supportfirstname.lastname@example.org||808.691.4512|
|Ivy Dilda||Research Associateemail@example.com||808.691.7418|
|Peter Poerzgen, Ph.D.||Clinical Research Coordinatorfirstname.lastname@example.org||808.691.4892|
|Todd Seto, M.D.||Medical Director, CTOemail@example.com||808.691.4539|
|Dawn Tani||Manager, SPOfirstname.lastname@example.org||808.691.7921|
|Lori Tsue||Coordinator, SPOemail@example.com||808.691.4121|
The links on this site to external non-QMC web sites are provided as a public service; however, The Queen's Medical Center does not endorse, nor vouch for the accuracy of the information provided. As always, it is the responsibility of the web user to evaluate the content and usefulness of information obtained from any given web site.